Sunday, August 5, 2012

RR12-Farewell Seattle


Just like every year, it is hard to end the Ross Reunions.  It seems like we just settle in when it is time to go home.  This morning we all got to go to church together. The Rosses live just through the woods to the church and it was a perfect day for a stroll together.  It is nice to share your faith with your family.

Heading to church

And back again

Jebb and Clair find a caterpillar
I am so glad that we got to come and see Skip and Laurene's home.  They worked so hard to make us all feel comfortable and welcome.  They did some amazing work on their home and I know they must have spent many late nights getting ready for the reunion.  Thank you for all your work Rosses! You made it another wonderful reunion!!

While I always enjoy a good road trip (especially an Epic Road Trip), I was in no hurry to climb back into the truck.  But alas, we needed to go home.  We decided to take a different route home so we could see more of the beautiful world.  We headed South towards Oregon.  It is amazing all of the waterways and commerce that takes place along the sea.  I enjoy seeing people using our natural resources because I know they will be used to make people's lives better.  It is fascinating to me to see different raw materials and wondering where they will be taken and what they will be used for.  We had warm sunny weather as we worked our way South.











 I am not sure how Kim and Steve went home, but I think they shot straight for Boise, as they had taken this route on the way to Seattle.  Brad and Keryn took a route home that included a stop at Mount St. Helens, a famous volcano.  I heard Keryn gets to ride in a helicoper to check it out.  She is a geologist and a huge fan of volcanos. We just drove south until we reached Oregon. From there we drove down the 101 along the coast.

Seaside-quite cloudy and chilly

It was still early evening when we reached Seaside, Oregon.  It's a huge beach with a boardwalk and places to eat. I took some really fun pictures as the sun was going down. 






Trying to get a fun 'jumping' pic



We tried again and again


















Finally we got this awesome picture: I love it!!!! After this, we just kinda let the kids run free, maybe too free.  It wasn't long before J&J were soaked, head to toe.  Although the weather has been very nice, it was somewhat overcast in Seaside and we all kept our coats on.  Leave it to the little guys to abandon all good sense and lay down in the ocean.  







 Luckily (although I don't know how lucky J&J felt) we had that awesome outside hose on the camper.  We made it back to the truck and washed out kids and clothes from the sand and sea.  Very chilly!




We got some dinner and were torn whether we should press on with the ERT, or find a nice place to lay our head.  We did both.  We drove south for a while longer while I googled a good RV park.  We got the last space at the Sea Ranch RV park near Cannon Bay.  This was my first time staying in an RV park (a really full one at that) and while I thought it was pretty cool, I must say I am not hip on the whole communal bathroom thing.  I heard the owner of the park, an Asian guy with limited English, yelling at Jackson and Jebb in the men's bathroom for running the water while they brushed their teeth. That took a little of the community charm out of it all for me. ;) But it was nice to have a place to really rest and it was fun cramming in the overhead bed with J&J.  The ERT gets a good night's sleep.


No comments: