Friday, February 8, 2013

A New Board

For the last 2 years I have served as the Secretary of our county's Republican Party.  It has been a great education and I have gotten to meet some really great people in our community.  I had the chance to go to the State Convention, then on to the National Convention.  Both were fantastic experiences.    My involvement in politics has been such a growing experience for me.  I have had to evaluate my own beliefs and feelings about things.  I have also had to learn to 'agree to disagree' about many things.

Last night a new Executive Board was elected.

So I am done.

I typed up my last set of minutes, forwarded needed paperwork, and that's it.   I hope to keep informed, but for now, I have decided that the most important thing I can do to change the world is to have a solid family and politics has occasionally taken time away from them.  When I got involved 2 or 3 years ago, my life was a much different pace. But now, with John traveling, Kristine needing our attention, Seminary every day, and my 5 kids getting older every day, this is a welcomed change.

No comments: