Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Writing Elder Hannay

Last night for Family Home Evening, we decided to write letters to my nephew.  He has been called to serve in Africa, but has only gotten as far as Provo, Utah.  That is where the Missionary Training Center is located.  It is a place where teenage boys go to get a crash course in a foreign language and Gospel teaching skills. 

All of the letters were nice, but I wanted to remember Jackson's which has a picture of an African tree and a missionary moment.

Jebb's letter was so funny to me because I watched him write it and didn't help him on spelling. I told him to sound things out the best he could.  I noticed that he does not know that when we say "MTC," we are referring to the acronym for the Missionary Training Center.  In Jebb's mind, Eric has been at the Emty Sea preparing to go to Africa.  So cute!  And just further proof that the written word is important.