Wednesday, October 31, 2012

BigG Halloween 2012

It is Halloween again and we had some pretty good costumes. :)  
Dorothy
Elise wanted to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.  I bought blue gingham and made her the dress she is wearing. I was pretty proud of myself! Chuey inspired the whole costume, so once we told him his name for the night was Toto, Elise was all set.  Instead of Ruby slippers (which I couldn't find anywhere in her size) I bought some fabric with red sequins and we cut it into strips, then attached those to her flip flops.  They were kinda fun.
Ruby flip flops and Toto

Visiting with Gma before Trick or Treating
I didn't make costumes for J&J and when we went shopping, they chose Boba Fet (Jackson) and Anakin Skywalker (Jebb).  I don't know why, but I love it when my kids dress in things that coordinate.  Like, I would have preferred Elise as Princess Lea...or J&J as the Scarecrow and the Tinman.  So I was glad I at least had the little guys both from a galaxy far, far away.

Speaking of dressing in a way that coordinates, Gabe dressed up with some of his friends this year.  I thought they looked really good! :)
Shaggy, Velma, Daphnie, and Fred

While we did have a Halloween party at church a few nights ago, my kids were all excited to go door to door.  I was really glad that Gabe's friends all volunteered to take our kids on 3rd ave.  They hit a few doors, then headed to a the church that the girls attend for a spook alley.  They had fun until some stranger threw up near them... ah the joys of excessive sugary treats! :)   I think everyone had a fun night!


No comments: