Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to School 2012


It's back to school time at the BigG home.  As is the norm, I have mixed feelings.  I always feel like we didn't get to Lake Powell enough, like we didn't get to BBQ enough, like we didn't get to go into the Mountains enough, like we didn't see family and friends enough.  I guess I feel like summer just went too fast before we got it all done...and now it's over.   On the flip side, I feel like we are wasting time when we should be working, like we are staying up too late and sleeping in too long, like we are are starting to fight more than usual, like we are lazy daisies...and we need structure! 

So last night, everyone got backpacks stuffed, showers taken, and clothes laid out.  Jebb was ready to roll!



These two get up first.  6:30 came early this morning!  They got all ready and were fun for pictures-even Jackson gave me some smiles (although he has this ongoing thing about not wanting his teeth showing).  


After putting these two on the bus, I came back for the big kids.  Of course they know I am going to take their picture, but they don't pretend to be excited about it...

Overall, I think it is going to be a great year.  Elise is all alone at the Middle School and I have 2 High Schoolers!  How in the world?!

Kristine left this morning for Denver as well, so I feel strangely alone, but I think I am going to get used to it!

1 comment:

Josh, Kristin, Taylin, Jordan said...

Wow!!! Too high schoolers?!?! That is crazy...they were all just itty bitty when we left Durango! But then again I still can't believe my baby girl started kindergarten today!! Time flies when you are having fun! YOu kids are all too cute!!