Sunday, May 20, 2012

I am a Proud Parent!


Today was one of those fun ones as a parent.  This afternoon I had the pleasure of attending 2 different recitals where I got to see my 3 youngest children perform.  Fortunately they were both up at the college in buildings right next to each other.  

First, we went to a recital put together by several local music teachers.  There were kids that played guitar, violin, and piano.  Jackson and Jebb got to perform a duet titled "Blue Bird."  I thought it was GREAT! I love how Jackson kinda pauses in one spot so they will stay in sync.  I have heard that number practiced about a zillion times this week, and I was so glad they were able to play it so well!



Next door, in the big concert hall, Elise had her end-of-year recital for dance.  We had to leave the other recital a little early to make it, but we met up with the big boys (Gabe and Seth) and watched Elise dance.  Elise has been doing a LOT of dance this whole year and although she has participated in a few competitions and a ballet performance, this was the real culminating even for all of her work.  You aren't allowed to take pictures at the performance, so I am putting in these class pictures instead.
She did a really great job also!  It was fun to see her smile and perform with many of her friends.  I don't know that she will dance much next year, as she will be able to play sports in school and both things happen in the after-school hours.

It was such a pleasure to see the kids doing things they enjoyed and doing a good job at it! :)  What a great way to spend Sunday afternoon!

No comments: