Sunday, February 20, 2011

Orange Julius Baby

Sometime in my tween years I received a cookbook for Christmas. It was called 'Kids in the Kitchen' and if my mom was anything like me, she bought it for me in the hopes that I would be inspired to cook. I don't remember what was in the simplified cookbook except for 1 recipe. It is a recipe for Orange Julius type slushies. I still have it memorized.

1/2 can frozen OJ
1 C milk
1/2 C water
1/4 C sugar
1 t vanilla
Lots of ice


You need a beefy blender. Mix it all up, pour into cups, best slurped with a straw.

It's a yummy treat and when I made it for my kids tonight they all seemed to enjoy it. :). I am not sure if they believed me that it was a recipe I learned when but a youth.

It has inspired me to find a good kid cookbook! Here's hoping one of the kids will decide to start cooking every night!

No comments: