Sunday, January 23, 2011

Young Helen Keller

Tonight when we were eating dinner, I looked over at Jebb and noticed he was picking up his cheesy rice with his fingers. I pointed it out and encouraged him to use a fork. Jackson, between bites, said, "Jebb is eating like the young Helen Keller. She would walk around and eat with her fingers off of other people's plates."

"That's right Jackson. How did you learn about Helen Keller?"

"I have no clue." Chew. Chew. "Although I did read a book about her."

I never have a clue what goes on in Jackson's little brain but I like it when info squeaks out.



I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

---Helen Keller

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Jackson makes me smile.