Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This year for Thanksgiving we decided to stay home and just be together.

My dear friend Cindy heard that we were going to be home and I think she felt a little sorry for me. She called the night before Turkey Day and invited us up to her house. I guess I was feeling like a complete home body as I asked her if she'd come here (I reasoned that it would be easier to get their 4 family members here than to get our 9 family members there (Us+Grandma+Hank)). Cindy graciously agreed and her family arrived in the afternoon. They got a big surprise and their son and his family were on their way to for a surprise visit...so they came here too. By now I felt kinda bad because that brought their family total up to 8, while we were still holding steady at 9. And when I saw all of the delicious food Cindy brought (turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, apple pie, cherry pie, pumpkin pie, and stuffing), I realized it probably would have been easier for us to go to Cindy's house with our turkey and sweet potatoes.



It ended up being a delightful afternoon and I felt grateful not only for my family, but for good friends. I have been a real home body lately, but Cindy is a good friend that plays along with me! :) Thank you!!

No comments: