Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who Needs Vegetables?

This year my vegetable garden was a big fat BOMB. My corn grew tall stalks, with no cobs. My tomatoes are still small and green and few. And did you know that if you don't cut and eat broccoli, it will flower? Yellow flowers. So ya, not good.

But I DON"T CARE! Why? Because I have these:

Thank you Jebb for your assistance--no, not in helping me pick or wash, but in taking this picture of all of my yummy, ripe strawberries (and a couple of early blackberries). I love our berries! I loved the raspberries last month, the other variety of raspberry coming on now, the blackberries which have begun ripening, and of course the strawberries which grow all summer long!!

This colander represents what is ripe if you don't pick for 2 or 3 days. YUM! I think that stinky compost I put on the patch this spring worked because my berries are much bigger and each plant is yielding more. The cool, cloudy, rainy weather might help too, because heaven knows it has done nothing for my tomato crop.

No comments: