Tuesday, July 6, 2010

...the other, Gold

This weekend we had a visit from one of my dear friends from high school. Lisa and her family live in AZ so they busted up here to get out of the heat for the 4th of July weekend. They arrived just as the sun was getting low in the sky and Elise and McKenna headed straight for the pond.



The kids did a lot of riding around-Cameron picked up dirt biking
Of course we love hanging' with the kids, but we decided to have a grown-up night out.


After a chillin' for a few days in D-town, we decided to go up to Silverton for their small town 4th celebration. There is a parade in the morning as well as the big water fight by the firemen.





After the parade everyone crammed in the truck and went up Cunningham Gulch to take in the mountains.
Poor Cameron hurt his knee in the first 5 minutes of the visit, so we referred to him as Tiny TIm as he hobbled around with his little crutch





It was a pretty long day, so we decided to head home and watch the fireworks in Durango.



It was a really great weekend and we were sad to see the Breinholts leave. Elise tells me that she and McKenna are almost like the same person, they get along so well. I had such a good time hanging out with Lisa. She was my friend in High School and we roomed together our first year at Rick's college. Lisa is such a sweetheart and she has a really great family and has built a wonderful life. I love seeing that! It makes me happy to see people doing well!

I am reminded of an old adage,

Find new friends but keep the old
One is silver, the other, gold.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I sing that song to my kids all the time. I love old friends!