Monday, July 12, 2010

Haven't Seen Jebb For a While...

As the mother to five children, I find myself counting a lot.

My internal dialogue might go like this: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. OK, everyone is accounted for and buckled in the car.

Or: 1 & 2 are at Scout Camp, 3 is at her friends, 4 is jumping on the trampoline with 5.

You get the idea.

This evening I was going through my list. 1 & 2 are at the pond, 3 is at grandma's, 4 is in my room.

"Hey 4, where is 5?"

"I don't know," says 4.

So I looked around. Trampoline? No. Bedroom? No. Loft? No. Hmmm. Where is that 5? Maybe he is still riding his bike, although he usually likes 2 to join him in that.

I walked out the front door and ran into my number 1....wait, that is confusing. I have a #1 (hubby) and a '1' of 5 (kid).

So it was my #1, the husband. He had a big smile on his face and said, "Follow me."

I almost protested I'm looking for 5, but I followed. We walked along the front of the house toward the garage and right as we were about to turn the corner, I saw 5.

Absolutely, dead asleep.


He had parked his bike in the garage and was walking around to the front door... I guess he was pretty tired and just laid down for a minute. :) So there was 5, asleep on the sidewalk. Everyone accounted for.

4 comments:

Sue said...

That's SO cute. I understand the constant counting. It's usually, "Where's Sam?" "Where did Sam go?" "Is Sam downstairs?"

Keryn said...

Oh, my goodness. What a sweetheart! I'm so glad you got a picture of that!

Mare said...

Love it! Great pic!

Kelly said...

That is the best thing I've seen in a long time!