Thursday, May 13, 2010

Daddy Daughter Drive

Yesterday after lunch, John picked Elise up from lunch and they headed to Utah. John was trading in his truck (of course he found some amazing deal... in fact, we are saving sooo much by getting this new truck...but I digress.) Needless to say, she was thrilled. She sometimes feels like 'the boys' get to do 'everything.' And sometimes, she's right.

She has been going through an interesting time. We have had a hard time communicating at times. I think she needs to pick up her shoes, and she thinks I nag her too much. But I guess all it takes is a 36 hour road trip with your dad, and you can't wait to call your mom back home. :) I loved chatting with her on the phone and hearing about her day (thanks for taking her to lunch mom!) When they walked in the door tonight, she ran to me and hugged me like she hadn't seen me in a month. It was delightful!

Thanks John for taking her! Jackson and Jebb thank you too because they loved sleeping with me in our bed. Even if it was only yesterday after lunch that you left, I still missed you guys! Dads are so important in their daughter's lives.

2 comments:

George and Eva Ross said...

You are most welcome! We loved getting to see Elise and John. It was fun to take her to lunch and chat with her. We miss you guys!

Mimi said...

Dad's ARE very important in little girls' lives...so happy Elise has one that appreciates that fact!