Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tea Party in the Sunday Paper

Click here to see the link in our Sunday Paper....

I wanted to write a little bit about why I am involved in the Tea Party. I believe that if we aren't involved in the political process, we cannot complain about what our leaders do. I also believe that Leadership matters. Our leaders get their power from us (By the People...) and it is our duty to be sure that the leaders represent us. We need to be educated on what the best principles for governance are. There are many opinions on what type of government is best, and we need to study history to see what these different governing philosophies have produced (by looking at the fruit, you can learn about the tree).

I believe when there is the liberty or freedom to act, a society can flourish and all people's standard of living is improved. I don't believe in anarchy-there is a need for government. But I believe the best government is closest to the people it represents. I therefore believe in a small and limited Federal government like the one outlined in the Constitution. I believe we need to help one another as Americans, but I don't believe it is the government's job to decide where to spend my money on others.

I don't profess to have all the answers, but I do think we need to be involved. We need to encourage the best leaders possible to run for public office. I think we are at an important time in our country's history and I want to support leaders that believe in the principles of freedom. I love our country and I know it is my duty to respect the office of our elected officials. It is my hope that a majority of the American people do still support Constitutional Ideals and we will show this with our vote.

I support the 1st amendment and know that all Americans have a right to free political speech whether I agree with them or not. I think we are engaged in a battle of ideas and that when presented with all the facts, people will choose Freedom.

No comments: