Thursday, April 8, 2010

Barnyard Days

Today was 'Barnyard Days' in our little town. It is an event held up at the college where little guys are able to learn about farm animals. I got to go with Jackson's first grade class. We are separated into groups and rotate around to see the different animals and displays.











We saw cows, goats, sheep, and llamas up close. We got to learn about fibers, fire trucks, lassos, grains, and sprouts. I thought it was a really great event. We are so removed from our food and clothing sources in our modern culture. There was an audible gasp from the first graders when they were told that the cow in the pen was the provider of milk and hamburger. Mostly though, I enjoyed a sunny day hanging out with Jackson. He loved having me all to himself and I got lots of hugs and smiles.

No comments: