Friday, March 12, 2010

Boarding With the Family

Today we went up to DMR for some more Spring..er, I mean WINTER fun. (Cuz ya, Spring has not yet Sprung...) We decided to be a little crazy, and all but the two youngest in the family went snowboarding.
It has been about 10 years (how is that possible?! 10 YEARS!!) since I have snowboarded and I just have to say that I remember being... well, better.... I also remember being less afraid to crash. :) I have to concede the fact that I haven't gotten any younger in the last decade. Oh well! I could still enjoy the youthfulness of my offspring, right?

And I did! It was fun to see them working hard at something new. OK, OK, what I really enjoyed was actually being better than them at a winter sport. This is new for me as they ALL can kick my can in skiing! But of course they all picked it up really fast, and I think it will only be another day or two before they are kicking my can once again. :) Good thing I don't mind them kickin' the ol' can.

We all did fairly well for the first half of the day. After lunch, Jebb complained his legs were hurting, but got really mad when we made him quit. Elise lost some enthusiasm after a few hard crashes and came to hang in the lodge with Jebb and I. the rest of the gang hung in until the end of the day.

On the drive back down the mountain we stopped to check out a hot spring on the side of the road.


Great day. Enjoyed it a lot. Good family time. Good excercise. SO......I think this about does it for me and winter. I am now content and ready to part as friends until next year. Hear that winter? Let's part ways. Please.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so awesome! I love seeing you all on boards!

hendywow said...

Happy Birthday to John! I wonder if we will ever get together again...Miss you guys.

Sue said...

I can't tell you the number of times my kids have wanted me to stop at that spring and I always tell them it's for tourists. :)
Hope John had a fab birthday!!