Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WWWW (What's Working Well this Wednesday)

FAMILY PRAYER

Having 5 children is a blessing and a challenge. There are a lot of us and sometimes it presents logistical problems. One problem we constantly came up with was trying to remember whose turn it was to pray. We say Family Prayer each morning before heading out to meet the day and the last thing we need at that time is an argument.

With 5 kids and 2 parents, the solution seemed almost too obvious (too bad it took me so long to see it!). We have assigned each person in the family to a day of the week. Gabe-Monday, Seth-Tuesday, Elise-Wednesday, Jackson-Thursday, and Jebb-Friday. Of course John and I get to have the weekends.

4 comments:

hendywow said...

So SMART. We have the same numbers, and I have no idea why after all these years we didn't think of it! Thanks, I always learn from you...

Keryn said...

That truly is brilliant. We'll have to use that when all of our kids can actually, you know, talk.

Lucy said...

Nice. I am pretty sure I call on Sam the most because he is the best at reminding us all that we need to pray. Henry comes in a close second only because he usually starts praying without being asked.

Great idea. We have 5 people in our family. This could really work for us.

Mimi said...

I did this in seminary this year as I had 5 kids too. Works really well. If someone is absent, I say it. Aren't we geniuses:)?