Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting Off a New Year

It's the start of a whole new year and what better way to bring it in than to freeze your can off with your family?! OK, OK, I am the only one in the family that refers to 'skiing' as 'freezing your can off.' Whatever it was we were doing, I loved being up in the mountains doing it together. The only TOTAL bummer is that I forgot to charge up the battery in my point and shoot. I therefore have pictures like this:
Jackson and Jebb in their new ski outfits. This is the first time we have purchased matchy-matchy pants and coats. We bought them last spring on oober clearance with the intention of sticking them under the tree this year. Well, we hid them so well that we forgot all about them until we were digging in the 'ski clothes' container yesterday and found them. So, uh, Happy New Year! on that gift guys. ;) This is in the parking lot when we arrived, as is the next one of Elise the Ski Bunny.

While the three oldest kids sat in a snow bank waiting for me to buy their lift tickets, I snapped this one. I know it's not very good, no one is looking (they said it was too bright to look at me), but it's all I've got. (l-r Elise, Gabe, Seth, Jackson)

We met up with the Mann's at the base and it was off to the mountain for the older kids. John and I hung with J&J on the bunny hill. These are shots of the kids riding the bunny hill lift up to the BIG lift. Once again--poor shots at best, but I gotta take what I got.


I did manage to get a shot of Jackson and myself on our first ride up the lift. He was so excited! Then the final image before my camera refused to turn on was this one of John and Jebb getting ready to hit the slopes. I guess that although I didn't get many good shots, I at least was able to get shots of everyone.

It was such a nice day up on the mountain. We saw a bunch of people that we knew which I thought was terrific. Everyone had a great time and were nicely worn out by the time we returned home. I am so grateful for my family. They are my life and I feel blessed to be able to spend time with them. So far 2010 has been really great!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so disappointed no one is on a snowboard!!

Lucy said...

Uber clearance, huh. 90% off? Well...that is a great deal:)

It was fun to see you skiing! I hope for more lodge chats, but it would be even better if we were foxy ski bunnies skiing parallel down the slopes in hot pink one-piece ski suits.

Can you look for those gems on the clearance rack, please?

hendywow said...

O Man! I wanna go...