Monday, November 30, 2009

Sharing With the Cousins

It was the Monday after a long and lazy Thanksgiving break, so I wasn't concerned when Jebb seemed very tired and quiet when I dropped him off at preschool. When I returned at the schools request to pick him up a short hour later, he was dressed differently than when I left him.


That's right-my little Jebber puked in the lunch room at breakfast--all over his clothing. Apparently once he threw up, he felt rejuvenated because he was all smiles and talk when I brought him home. He thought the pants the school loaned him were especially cool with the zip-off legs. He converted them to shorts in no time and happily skipped around the living room.

I guess this was a Turkey Day Virus that got shared among many of the cousins. We have cousins in Utah and Arizona with the same thing. Our common denominator was the lovely day we all spent together counting our blessings. Well, what is family for if not for sharing.

Note:My sis-in-law had all of her children drink a little vinegar and apparently they have been spared the wrath of the Turkey Day Virus. I am thinking I should have my kids all do the same...

2 comments:

Laurene Ross said...

I think it worked. (knock on wood) I had them drink it five times...lol... I did not want anyone sick in the small car I crammed us into for the 15 hour ride home. ( only had to pull over four times to stop fighting), but no puking.....yes! I am sorry about your sickness. I hope you are all well now.

We drank 4-6 oz of water with 1 1/2 tsp of vinegar in the morning and at night. I grew up doing this and most of the time it worked.

Keryn said...

Maybe we should try the vinegar too, Laurene. I will have to remember that next time.

What a lovely memory, Michelle. I'm glad he bounced back so fast. I wish we hadn't shared that part of Thanksgiving with all of you.

Anyone else sick?