Friday, October 23, 2009

Why I Shouldn't Cut My Own Hair

This last week or two my hair has really been bugging me. It was in need of a good trim. I felt this same way years and years ago. I was pregnant with Gabe and I convinced John to cut my hair for me. When I looked in the mirror I burst into tears and John (wisely) has refused to cut my hair ever since. As much as I tried, I couldn't convince John to just give me a minor trim. If I were a normal and clever girl, this would be the time that I would pick up the phone and make an appointment with a professional stylist. But alas, I am neither normal nor clever especially when it comes to affairs of the hair.

I saw a picture of Heidi Klum, supermodel, a while back and I really liked her hair. This isn't the exact pic, but you can get the idea. Bob-ish with some layers. I already had the layers, so I decided to try do the bob-ish part myself. I am pretty good at trimming the back of my hair with a mirror, I got it fairly straight.


When it was all said and done, I really didn't look like Heidi Klum (shocking, I know!). I didn't look like Heidi Klum, but I thought there was some celebrity I looked like...I just couldn't quite put my finger on who it was.

And then today, as I walked though the family room while my kids were watching the Disney Channel it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was not a famous super model I looked like, but instead, it was this MAN!





OK, I might have the date a little off. I don't have an Achy Breaky Mullet. I might not be a professional hairdresser, but I am not THAT bad.

But as I walked past that TV tuned to Hannah Montana, I casually glanced at the screen when I stopped dead in my tracks.

Frozen to the ground.

Horrified.



Yes it's true, although he has better highlights and a soul patch, my hair looks remarkably like Billy Ray Cyrus.



Here's the proof... you be the judge.


6 comments:

meegz said...

Okay, so the hair, it looks darling! I can't believe you can cut it yourself! You did great.

Now to the photo --that's hilarious!! You have it matched to a T. The harsh truth is Billy Ray Cyrus looks like.....a woman.:)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

No, no, no. You're missing the goatee patch, you are most definitely safe. That is funny your shirts almost match.

However, you and your hair (is/are) darling. Really, really cute. I can't believe you took a detailed cut like that on yourself. Good job and you saved money to boot.

Mom's Thoughts said...

Grrreat job! You can do mine!

Lori said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so totally impressed with your desire to take matters into your own hands....and to do such great job!!!! Billy Ray has nothing on you. Once again your talent pool is amazing and you never cease to amaze me with what you can do...truly an amazing woman! And beautiful to boot!! Keep smiling!!

Keryn said...

You look beautiful, you really do.

But my favorite part is the fact that you found a picture with Billy Ray wearing a shirt that matched one of your shirts. And then you put on your shirt and then took the picture.

That, my dear, is pure comedic genius. You are brilliant.

Mimi said...

I never catch all those little nuances you put in your blog, but I do think you look great...I so admire women who can cut their own hair and it looks like a very expensive salon did it!