Monday, October 12, 2009

I measured

This evening, Jebb came into the kitchen and announced to John, "I'm 17 feet. I measured. See."

He then reached down to his foot and 'measured' it with his hand, forming a rough C shape that he had estimated as the length of his foot. He used this as a 'footlong' ruler and started where his heel met the floor

"1, 2, 3, 4..." he counted as he 'measured' up his leg. He continued on all the way up his body. "...9, 10, 11..." By this point he had reached his neck. He then measured "...12, 13, 14...." up his face and to the top of his head.

"OK, actually dad, I am 14 feet."

3 comments:

Keryn said...

That's marvelous! Now he will be able to clean cobwebs off your living room ceiling! And change the lightbulbs. And clean the gutters, and put up outside Christmas lights...the possibilities are endless!

He just can't visit our basement, though. Come to think of it, I'm not sure John can fit in our basement, either, so I guess it's no big deal!

Lucy said...

You say this all jokingly, but...come one. He's one of your and John's offspring. He just might be 14 feet:)

Laurene Ross said...

I love stories like this...so cute:)