Monday, October 19, 2009

Double Digits

Today is Elise's birthday and my little girl is now 10!!! When she got home from school I told her to get in the car. We went down to the Humane Society and got this guy:
Earlier today when I dropped her off for school, she wasn't very enthusiastic about her birthday. She wanted to have a big party with her friends, but we wanted to do something small just with the family. Needless to say, after the new kitten, I am now the coolest mom on the planet. ;) She was thrilled!

We BBQed some steaks for dinner, opened a few other gifts, and watched her blow out 10 candles. I think I could have made her scrub the whole house with a toothbrush and she still would have had this big smile. She was so happy to have a kitten!!


Elise is a wonderful daughter. I am so grateful she is mine. Happy birthday sweetheart. I love you!!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday to Elise! She is really a sweet girl. You guys have done well! I'm not sure I could bestow a kitten on any of children, even if I thought it would make them really happy. Because, then, don't you have to buy cat food? That stuff stinks! :) You're a good momma.

The Childrens Nest said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from the Kennedy Fam!!! She is such the cutest girl ever!!!!