Sunday, May 24, 2009

Letting a Few Things Slide

Today was my first time back to church. I have missed the last 3 weeks. I basically just got myself ready and let everyone else fend for themselves. I am in Primary now and as we were doing singing time, I learned a few things about this method. Jackson looked back at me (I was sitting in the back) and unzipped his sweater, revealing Spider Man pajamas being used as an undershirt. The other boys in his class really thought that was outstanding. Jebb (the wild Sunbeam) came running back to give me a hug in the middle of Sharing Time. I quietly hopped him up on my lap and whispered a quiet 'Shhhh' in his ear. He folded his arms and snuggled up with me. Wow-that was nice! As I broke into a giddy smile, I wrapped my arms around him. I stopped watching the teacher and looked down at my little sweet pea. It was then (and not during the 2 1/2 hours of church we had already attended before then) that I looked at his little feet. Crocs. Well, he did dress himself, I thought. Ah SNAP! Are you kidding me?! Not only was he wearing crocs, but take a look at the picture I took when we got home. To my horror I realized that these crocs are not only super old and shabby, they didn't even match!! That's right! Jebb wore a black and a blue croc to church today...with argyle socks. I know when you are sick, some things have to slide, but I think I have fallen off the cliff.

4 comments:

hendywow said...

O my heck that's awesome! You are such a great Mom! Don't sweat it, those are the things make the best memories!

meegz said...

So what did you let slide. It all looks normal to me.:)

Brooke said...

hee hee! That is too funny! Sometimes being a Mom means you just shake your head and say, I'm doing the best I can! Which is AWESOME!!

Mom's Thoughts said...

I laughed so hard all the way through this as I remembered similar incidents! Moms just aren't allowed to be sick. Actually it does let you know that you do have some value.