Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm Sick of It!

I'm having a little mini meltdown. I am frustrated with this whole pneumonia thing. I went for my follow-up X-ray today and it appears I still have the P word-the silent P word. What kind of dumb sickness starts with a silent P by the way?! My Doctor's Associate's Nurse (get that? I haven't been able to see my own Dr, just his associate, and it was Her Nurse that called me...) called to let me know the news. She said I am to take ANOTHER round of antibiotics (my 4th).

I was told originally that I had bacterial and viral P. When I took my last round of antibiotics, my fever went away and I was able to function (though at a largely diminished capacity). I assume this is because the antibiotics took care of whatever bacterial infection I had. So when I asked the nurse if I had viral P still, she said she didn't know. I asked if I did have viral P, would antibiotics even matter? She didn't know. Ugg. I am just frustrated that the solution to everything is antibiotics even if the logic isn't there. I am sure I am missing something and this is going to make a difference, but I wish someone could tell me what that missing knowledge is. I have written about my hesitance to take drugs as even antibiotics do not set well with me.

And I am learning first hand how important active parenting is to the peace in the home. When kids are left to their own devices they tend to be really messy and fight a lot. But I am still so tired-I just let them have free reign. I miss my hubby. I miss Gabe (as the oldest, he is a lot of help). I am flippin' GRUMPY and I am sick of hanging out with my unfun self. I am sick of being exhausted after a simple task like watering my flowers. It's so dumb! I want to drive to Utah, but have Sunday stuff-not to mention the fact that I haven't summoned up the energy to pack.

So ya-there's my rant. I think I am just going to turn on the TV and let everyone chill for a while. I'll get it together...just had to vent!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

awww, Michelle... Sorry you're having such a rough time. :( What are your thoughts on homeopathics or natural supplements? Let me know if you want more info or are interested....

meegz said...

Call jan -- she'll hook you up with some crazy vitamins or some green gucky stuff..
You're right, you'll get through, grumpy or not, it's gonna be okay.:) The house, the kids, they'll still be there too....just ignore it all, rest, and GET BETTER!:) Take care...

hendywow said...

Man Michelle, If I could I would get up there right now stick you in bed, feed and bathe your Family and then crack you up the rest of the night!~ Sorry that it's been so cruddy... On a serious note, maybe you should get a blessing..
Feel better, xo Wendy

Keryn said...

Oh, Michelle, I'm so sorry! I sure wish I was there to help. Once you get up here to Utah, you can totally relax and I'll take your crazy kids for you.

Good luck.

Nate said...

I am a little late reading this post, due to my Blackberry reader getting messed up, but I still wanted to comment.
I REALLY LOVED THIS POST because it is real! We have all gone through stuff like this. Few of us are brave enough to admit it. Thank you so much for sharing yourself! We love this about you. This post and the one after it really touched me.