Thursday, May 28, 2009

Getting Planted

Tonight Hank came over and helped us get our Square Foot Garden planted for the year. We put in some peas, cucumbers, cantelope, watermelon, carrots, lettuce, and corn. I will add tomatos and peppers that I get from the nursery. Outside of the garden we planted several mounds of pumpkins just for fun. All of the kids planted a little, but jumping on the trampoline and playing with Daisy were a lot more fun.
Hank helps Jackson plant some cantelope while Jebb hams it up
Hank models our trusty SFG manual (notice our snowball bush is lookin' pretty snowbally this year!)
Seth found a grody piece of rabbit/deer/who-knows fur in the yard that Daisy had brought home.  He decided to make it into a faux-hawk for her.  Poor dog!
Daisy and Seth the hairdresser


After we planted all of our stuff, we went inside and decided to make some CChip cookies. The new AD leader, Sis. Ash had emailed us a recipe we thought we would try out.
Hank mixes up the dough
Seth and Elise retrieve the recipe and copy it down for us to use
Jebb (the little turkey) flipped over the sugar and brown sugar canisters and was using them as drums.  Luckily I had already put the lids on tight-can you imagine if I hadn't?!  
Hank taste tests the dough before baking


The cookies turned out pretty darn good. We enjoyed them with milk. John called as we were snacking to let us know they had made it to Jackson, WY. I actually worked for a summer there in college and it is SO beautiful! I am a little jealous! :) I am glad they are safe. We are really missing them, but I am so glad they are taking the trip. I'll have to write more about it later-I have to get some cookies out of the oven.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Maybe someday I'll have a garden like yours! Love the faux hawk.

hendywow said...

Yes, I would love a garden like yours as well!