Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Precious Than Rubies

Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

Tonight was my final Achievement Days activity with my girls (I am getting a new calling this Sunday). I have a really super group of girls and I am really sad. I wanted to help them make something that would help them remember how much I think of them. We began by reading this scripture from Proverbs. We then made bracelets together and although I didn't have rubies, we did use some semi-precious stones and crystal beads. I let the girls pick their own colors and design. They did a fabulous job!

Once again I was camera-less. Snap! I will have to get a shot of Elise's bracelet. I have really enjoyed doing these activities with Elise. She and I don't always see eye-to-eye lately, but we have such a good time together at AD. She is always very enthusiastic and happy. What a great program that helps young girls learn to set and accomplish meaningful goals and attend self-improvement activities. I love it!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

So, tell me that things dont get harder with girls in their teen years, tell me that the worst they ever are is at 5 years old... (Lie to me if you have to!) :)
I'm sure Elise will remember this time in AD with you and treasure it. Let us know what the new calling is when the time comes! Good Luck!

meegz said...

I'll take that lie too!:)

Lucy said...

So, I'm totally wondering what your new calling is. You're like a swiss army knife...very multi-functioning:)

I bet those girls loved the activity. It sounds like something any girl, at any age would enjoy.

Sunshine said...

maybe you will get lucky and get called into scouts like me, lisa and shauna. Truly those stinky boys are a lot of fun!