Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Favorite Children's Book


My Favorite Children's Book is The Father Who Had 10 Children by Benedicte Guettier. Link to Amazon for it Here

It is a big, colorful, fun book that is just what it sounds like, a Father with 10 children. It goes through their typical day (dressing, eating, school, bedtime, etc.). The Father is exhausted by the end of the day, but each night works on a secret project. He is building a ship. One day, after leaving the children with the grandparents, he sails off alone. He enjoys resting and fishing alone for a day, but wakes up the next morning realizing that he misses his children. He sails back and picks them up so they can all sail around the world together.

The book is pretty big and the color covers every page edge to edge. I guess the real reason I love this book though, is because I can relate to it! Some days you want to sail away from the work and the chaos of many busy little people, but when you ARE away, you miss it! I would be lost without my family even though some days I want to get lost! heehee

I am not sure where the mother is in the book, but obviously it works better as a story with one parent. I am not sure if you can even buy this book anymore. A few years ago I ordered several copies from a close out book seller to give as gifts (I have a couple left still). I am not even sure why I bought it the first time-I think Amazon recommended it to me?? But, I love it! It's a good read after a stressful day!

No comments: