Friday, June 20, 2008

June Wedding

It's a nice day for a Temple Wedding (note: not to be read in Billy Idol fashion).

We had the pleasure of going to Logan today to see John Williams (from Mount Logan fame) get married to his bride Shea in the Logan Temple. It is always good to go and see newlyweds all shmoopy-in-love and it is especially good to go and remember our own Temple Wedding, now almost 13 blissful years ago. The weather was warm, just the way I like it. It was fun to see all of the couple's family and friends gathered around them to witness them creating a new Eternal Unit.

We also had the enormous pleasure of attending the luncheon afterwards and seeing our oober-cool friends Rod and Jill Koford. I love talking to them and they are really good friends that are really good people (love that combo!!). We had fun planning our next 3 or 4 vacations together!! :)
The Ross Family Reunion officially begins in the morning. That's 4 of my siblings+spouses and 20 grandkids!! And all of it started 40-something years ago in much the same way that John and Shea started out today...

Although there are days or years ;) when marriage is flat out HARD, I love the Temple and the power that flows into our lives and our marriages as we try to align ourselves with what the Lord would have us do. I am grateful that the Lord knew the guy I kinda knew (we had a very brief courtship) and knowing that knowledge He knowingly put us together and it works...who knew?! (OK, that whole knowing thing was a little obnoxious when I am seriously trying to say that I am glad the Lord let me know John was the One!)

2 comments:

meegz said...

Isn't the Logan temple beautiful?? Glad you could hang out with friends -- and YES it has been hot. I'll take it any day over the grey skies!:)
THat last part, yes a little smooshy, but I got your drift!:)

fourlittleloves said...

Ok LOVE the pic of you and John!! You need to have it framed!! Hope you are doing great! We need to get together sooooon......