Thursday night at about 10:30 PM I was starting to panic. Kristine's B-day party was in 2 short days and the Handi Quilter was NOT cooperating. The top thread was breaking every 10 inches or so. Not good, especially when you are on a deadline. I had taken a class with my mom before she left about tensions and timing. Luckily I got a booklet with instructions and pictures.
John to the rescue. After trying to adjust the tensions with no luck, we took apart the machine to adjust the timing. My husband is a mechanical GENIUS! From some shady pictures and mediocre directions, he was able to wrench and screw and adjust the needle and bobbin to get me back in business. About midnight we decided to call it a night.
Friday morning I got back to the machine. SUCCESS! It is my very first quilt, but I think it turned out pretty good! I did a heart quilting pattern and added several words (Love, Forever Family, Together, Williams, Gilleland, Roots, and Grandma) near different stitches. The kids will have fun finding them (thanks for the idea Mom!). The thread only broke a few more times.
I got to the binding last night.
My mood improved with every inch accomplished. I tied the last knot in the thread at about 12:30. YEAH!! I hope Kristine likes it! I must say, I liked thinking about everyone as I stitched them. :) Here are some finished pics: